In my four years at this university, I have never had the chance to see a classroom presentation during the elections period.
SO! Mad props to Seamus Wolfe and Ted Horton for presenting in my class this afternoon.
cartoonmadonna and i sauntered in late (because really, who's ON TIME for class nowadays?), and Seamus was mid-yell. I believe he recognized us and got flustered. So we waved...and he waved back. It took him a second to get going again - I know, us bloggers can be intimidating. Surprisingly, he has traded the blue-button-down-and-khaki-pants outfit he's been wearing for the past three weeks for his Solidarity Suit, a Drop Fees shirt and a knit hat. He is also wearing an abundance of buttons.
Makes a plug about some SFUO site. He wants slam poetry on campus. My favourite, favourite part of the presentation was when he yelled about the transit strike, and the fact that the SFUO got shuttle buses on the road within two days. An excellent initiative, but students are obviously still annoyed about the strike. He PAUSED for applause.
There was none.
After Seamus finished, Ted HO! went (this is my new nickname for him. I hope he likes it). Ted rattles off a long list of his volunteer experience on campus - is there anything he hasn't done?! He makes a joke about writing for Oral Otis, but I don't think most students got the joke (unfortunate!). I actually really like what he has to say, I just wish he were saying it louder! We can barely hear him! Ted HO wants to focus on things that impact OUR students on a daily basis. He also mentions something about making sure our houses are being taken care of, and protecting us from evil landlords.
Update OVER!
En été, ça continue de bouger chez les Gee-Gees!
3 weeks ago
No comments:
Post a Comment